|This page may contain spoilers.|
Aultcray is the former wise king of Melromarc however his rationality has decreased with years. He hates the Shield Hero because he fought a war with Silt Welt, a country that worships him. As punishment for his discrimination against Naofumi, his name was changed to Trash by the Queen. He is the Hero of the cane, and was quite active in his younger years however during recent years, he has become something like a shell of his former self.
By all accounts he was extremely active and heroic in his earlier days, earning a grand reputation amonst the kingdoms of the world. He hated demi-humans for killing his parents, and has a specific kind of hate for the White Tiger(Hokuko) variant of them. This hatred caused him to rush to Melromarc, where he could be as openly hostile to them as possible and aid the kingdom in war against Silt Welt, the demi-human country. Eventually, likely due to his absence or recent activity in fact, his sister Lucia was taken or killed by the Hokuko demi-humans he hated so much. This has culminated in making him a man who deeply hates demi-humans and, by association, the Hero of the Shield who they worship.
Eventually he became known and respected by his allies and his enemies as a wise king and the Hero of the Staff, indicating that for all his hatred and recklessness he was at one point a cunning and intelligent person with a heroes' renown.
After he and his wife had their first daughter, Malty, he spoilt her rotten and became incredibly stupid. Malty owes much of her arrogant and cruel tenancies to her father because no matter what she did she was always the apple of his eye and he was more likely to punish those who she victimised if they took any form of action about it. His wife, seeing this, took their second daughter under her wing to prevent this same kind of failed upbringing. The situation gets so bad that by the time when the waves start he decides, on his own and without any backing from the queen or the other countries, to summon the four heroes. He then acts out his petty hatred for the Hero of the Shield by helping his daughter Malty frame the newly summoned and naive Naofumi of raping the latter. He later tries to take Naofumi's only psychological support, his slave Raphtalia, away from him in a rigged duel, in spite of the fact his country permits slavery and is dependant upon it. The culmination of all this overwhelming stupidity leaves the kingdom in a political minefield with their neighbours and even causes a level of internal strife. He did almost exactly what the Three Heroes Church wanted, without doubting their conspiracy even a little, according to the queen. Finally, when his wife strips him of power and undoes all of this damage, he's totally unrepentant and still believes it's Naofumi's fault, despite being the one who himself framed the Shield Hero to begin with. He's at least less petty than his daughter Malty though, as while she tried to poison Naofumi he instead just planned to give him laxatives. When his wife tried to send him back to the battlefield, he kicked screamed and cried out in fear of not going, and Naofumi believes that for whatever god forsaken reason he simply doesn't want to be a hero anymore.
He is genuinely in love with his wife, so much so that he puts up with her harsh treatment of him after the above ordeals. Though Naofumi just suspects the queen might be a sadist and they were always this way. The only thing he claimed he wouldn't let her get away with is defending a Hakuko.
He begins to reform slowly under his wife's care, or more appropriately under her control. When he sees Atla, a Hakuko slave under Naofumi's control who happens to look exactly like his lost sister, he also begins to question his grudge towards them and their race to some extent. Much later, during Malty's rebellion, he is shown to be, finally, questioning his daughter's actions, as she has now outright betrayed her own country and is trying to kill them. Despite this he faints from shock and horror when the queen sends the defeated Malty off to the King of Faubley, where she will inevitably die a horrible death, all as a bargaining chip to make the King forgive the issues that Malty and Aultclay themselves started with the summoning of the four heroes, so it's likely he feels some responsibility for this. He thus approaches Atla and Fohl, and tells the latter to protect his sister at all costs because, speaking from his own life experiences, he will regret it if he loses her.
When Tact kills his wife and Atla, on his daughter's encouragement, Aultcray finally becomes emotionally cornered and loses all hope, his wife's final words act as yet another blow, as they finally hammer in the fact that Naofumi was never the bad guy and that she wants the two of them to work together to save her country. When Naofumi comes to the Queen's funeral Aultcray ultimately tells him to save Melromarc and notes that he simply can't, Naofumi is utterly enraged by this, as the queen wanted them to work together on it, and he forces Aultcray to stand by openly acting like a villain, claiming to want to conquer the world and turn Melty into a sex-slave, Aultcray is finally revived by these words and lashes out, declaring he will not let Naofumi have Melromarc, and Naofumi, to his surprise, returns to his normal demeanour and compliments Aultcray for this. After this Naofumi forces him to accept his responsibility and Aultcray, finally reflecting on everything he's done, reclaims his staff, stands up as the wise king of Melromarc, and leads the army against Tact. He develops a strong devotion to Naofumi and acknowledges his past misgivings as irredeemable and unforgivable, he even willingly accepts the name "Trash" because he deems it fitting for "the fool who couldn't defend anything he loved". He entrusts Naofumi with his staff, and in so doing the responsibility to avenging his wife and niece, and perfectly leads the army against both Tact's invasion and the wave that occurred at the same time. Finally, when Tact was executed, Aultcray saw his daughter, Malty, who encouraged all of Tact's actions, praising her mother, whom she encouraged the murder of, and claiming to be Tact's victim, despite obviously being the one pulling the strings behind him. Aultcray was suitable infuriated and ordered her immediate execution, despite his once doting personality towards her, she clearly crossed a line he would never forgive her for.
As the war with the waves progresses he becomes one of Naofumi's greatest confidants and allies, though Naofumi flatly admits he has no mind to forgive the man's trespasses against him, he is willing to overlook them so long as Aultcray remains a good man and comrade. Aultcray ultimately takes to encouraging the marriage between Melty and Naofumi, if not he tries forcing a marriage between Fohl and Melty to keep his nephew close, and he succeeds in getting them engaged when Melty names Naofumi Arch-Duke. When Medea descends he continues fighting the ultimately fruitless fight against her forces, which are led by his resurrected and controlled wife, despite his grief at the whole ordeal and the apparent deaths of Naofumi, Ren, Raphtalia and Motoyasu. When Naofumi returned, he gave Aultcray hope and encouraged him to rest, something he hadn't done for the entirety of the war with Medea, and prepare for the final battle. Naofumi ultimately leaves Aultcray and Melty to deal with the revived queen, and they are ultimately able to bring her to her senses. When Medea confronts him over wanting to kill her, despite her being, technically, his daughter Malty, he completely brushes it off and tells her that she is no daughter of his, he means this literally because Medea merely incarnated herself into his bloodline with her powers, and is thus not really a child of his, and never was.
At the end of the story, he and the queen are shown to be happy again, and he resolves his issues with the Hakuko and the Shield Hero, although it's unlikely Naofumi will ever truly forgive and forget. He is also shown to have joined his wife in encouraging a relationship between Naofumi and Melty.
Luge Lancarose's real name was Luge Lances Faubley. He was the third legitimate heir to the throne of Faubley, the strongest country in this world. At first, but then an incident came that robbed him of that privilege. That incident involved the killing of his parents and many others close to him by the Hakuko.
Luckily, Luge and his younger sister Lucia were not there at the time, but the country of Faubley did nothing in retaliation against Silt Welt for political reasons. Because of that, Luge began to despise both Faubley and Silt Welt. He moved to Melromarc, which discriminated against Demi-Humans, and changed his name.
Luge hid the fact that he was of Royal Blood, and rushed onto the frontlines of the wars Melromarc waged. Along the way, the previous Hero of the Cane fought to the death with Trash for the right to wield it, and he began to spread his name as a Hero. At that time, due to his resourcefulness and strength he won the heart of Mirelia Q Melromarc.
But, while Luge ventured off, he had left behind his sightless sister. Soon, he received word that she had disappeared with nothing left behind but a pool of blood, and the Hakukos had killed her. Luge’s desire for revenge strengthened. After many years of war, he challenged and defeated the Hakuko king of Silt Welt.
His first name and surname were taken from Mirelia's father.
During the time, when Mirelia had left the country, for diplomacy reasons, she had left her right-hand man in charge; however, he was later killed by the Three Heroes Church. Because all the political power was transferred to the king, Luge did not bother investigating the incident as he, and his daughter Malty, began to abuse their newfounded political power during Mirelia's absence.
Besides the fact that he is the Hero of Cane, he described as a genius tactician which being feared by other countries in past. He could planning all of war tactics just by collect a little information at Tact's World Aggression in short time.
Seven Star Cane Skills
- Instant Blast (エアスト・ブラスト)
- Blast Prison (ブラストプリズン)
- Ragnarok Blaster (ラグナロクブラスター)
- Energy Blaster (エネルギーブラスター)
The Rising of the Shield HeroEdit
Devil of Shield ArcEdit
Spirit Turtle ArcEdit
Slave Supremacy ArcEdit
World's End ArcEdit
Towards the Legend ArcEdit
The Christmas of Shield HeroEdit
The Valentine of Shield HeroEdit
The White Day of Shield HeroEdit
The Reset of The Spear Hero GaidenEdit
Loop 1 to 3 - Tutorial ArcEdit
- Iwatani Naofumi: Luge's unreasonable hatred towards Naofumi may have likely stemmed from how Silt Welt worships the Hero of the Shield, which made the king gave his support to the Three Heroes Church in constantly demonizing the Shield Hero. Thus, in contrast to how Mirelia had instructed husband not to discriminate against Naofumi, Luge had done so anyway where he first started to have his daughter, Malty, frame the Naofumi of rape; along with this he continues to give Naofumi more unnecessary hardships such as how he tried to separate him from Raphtalia along with how he abused his authority to prevent having Naofumi from getting a Class Up. Their relationship worsen after the third wave where Naofumi had emerged as victorious as compared to the other three heroes that were defeated; refusing to believe this, the King had accused of Naofumi of foul play and demanded the Shield Hero to confess. Naofumi had deny Luge's false claim, as well as refusing to show any respect towards Luge, and leaves after insulting the king. After Mirelia's return both Luge and Malty were punished as they lost their politcal power and were also given a punishment under Naofumi's choice. While Naofumi wanted to give an execution, because people valued Luge's skills and as he also took consideration for the Queen's familial love towards the two, he later decided to simply change both the King and princess's names, where Luge was renamed as Trash, as a fitting manner of humiliation.
After the dead of his wife, his relationship with Naofumi is getting better. He's more paying attention on every word which Naofumi said. He also seems supporting Melty's relationship with Naofumi, like his wife did.
- Mirelia Q Melromarc (wife & queen): in the past, Mirelia had loved her husband because of the valor and wisdom he had showed in the past. However, now the Queen has seen her husband to be now complete a far cry from what he may have once been. Not only did Trash not follow his wife's instructions, in not discriminating against the Shield Hero, he furthered shocked Mirelia, as the Queen used her authority to defend Naofumi from the Imperial guardsmen, when Luge claimed her to be an imposter, only for him to be proven wrong when she displays her magic. As the King's authority was below the Queen, Merelia was able to freely slap her husband whenever he displayed his stupidity in front of her. Mirelia shows no patience towards her husband's mistake to the point where she had made her subordinates to have both Trash and Malty be, literally, thrown out of the throne room in order to please Naofumi.
- Malty Melromarc (daughter): Trash constantly spoils his first daughter in doing whatever he wants. He had also entrusted her to frame Naofumi and doing everything she can to degrade the Shield Hero's reputation.
- Melty Melromarc (daughter): Trash seems to show paternal towards her second daughter, but he appears to be oblivious of Malty's jealousy towards her younger sister.
- Fouru: Aultcray's nephew, a half-human half-Hakuko, and the son of his long lost sister who was taken by the Hakuko. He and Fouru are extremely similar in some ways, especially in regards to Aultcray's younger days. He tells the boy to protect his sister, as he knows all too well the grief he will suffer upon losing her, which eventually came to pass. Fouru reveals that his father was a peaceful Hakuko noble and his mother was a human woman named Alucia.
- Atlas (Niece): The daughter of his long lost sister who was taken by the Hakuko. She bears a striking resemblance to her mother, which sparks the start of Aultcray's redemption when he sees her. She also suffered the same illness her mother had. After his daughter was punished by essentially being put to death, he tries to seek comfort by warming up to Altas, but is stopped by her brother. He warns the boy to protect her, as he knows what it would mean for him to lose her, which he later does.
- The current King of Faubley: Trash's older brother, being thirteen years older than him, who is infamous for being the most suitable executioner for women of noble lineage, where most would commit suicide before being sent to him; Mirelia describes him as to be very inhuman, both figuratively and literally, as his physical appearance easily resembles a pig that sees all women, that marry him, as being "simple toys of pleasure" where even family members, such as Witch, became no exception. After causing a failed revolution, Witch was captured and was sent of to marry the King of Faubley as both a way to calm the people that have suffered because of Witch and for easing the tension between Melromarc and Faubley due to how Trash monopolized the hero summoning; the sentence had caused Trash to faint which implies he does not have a positive relationship with his brother, that would allow Witch to receive any mercy from her uncle. Two weeks later, Witch then died and Faubley's king sent his niece back while her corpse was frozen in ice.